Friday, May 28, 2010

Turkey Garam Masala

I tried a new recipe last night.  I used turkey leftovers for this dish but you could use chicken or chickpeas as well!  This is not a spicy dish, it was quite mild.  The kids really like it!

Turkey Garam Masala
  • 1/2 Tbls olive oil
  • 1lbs turkey, or any protein.
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 Tbls curry powder
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • water as needed.

Stir fry all ingredients, till cooked.  Serve on a bed of couscous.
Enjoy!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

This one sounds good. I love all things Indian!

Rustown Mom said...

Love it! I made a version with chicken in my crock pot - the spices are soooo good!

Greta @ Mom Living Healthy said...

This looks great. I do have some curry powder in the house, but I'll have to go out and find the garam masala.

Angie said...

Greta - You can whip up your own garam masala! Hear is a recipe!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Garam-Masala/Detail.aspx

Wendy said...

looks good to me! Now if I could only get my wee ones to eat it.....

Have a wonderful weekend!

Susan said...

Great idea for leftover turkey! Thanks for sharing!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

I should probably fix turkey more often. Beef and chicken, beef and chicken...

Scatteredmom said...

Looks delicious. I love curries and spicy foods, they make things interesting. The only thing I have to watch is that I'm allergic to almonds and a lot of recipes have almonds in them.

Renée said...

This looks and tastes terrific I'm sure. Appreciate your desire to post healthy...I need to repent!

Unknown said...

This looks great! I can't wait to try this. I can now use again our curry powder. Thanks for the healthy easy recipes!