Friday, May 28, 2010

Turkey Garam Masala

I tried a new recipe last night.  I used turkey leftovers for this dish but you could use chicken or chickpeas as well!  This is not a spicy dish, it was quite mild.  The kids really like it!

Turkey Garam Masala
  • 1/2 Tbls olive oil
  • 1lbs turkey, or any protein.
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 Tbls curry powder
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • water as needed.

Stir fry all ingredients, till cooked.  Serve on a bed of couscous.
Enjoy!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

This one sounds good. I love all things Indian!

Rustown Mom said...

Love it! I made a version with chicken in my crock pot - the spices are soooo good!

Greta @ Mom Living Healthy said...

This looks great. I do have some curry powder in the house, but I'll have to go out and find the garam masala.

Angie said...

Greta - You can whip up your own garam masala! Hear is a recipe!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Garam-Masala/Detail.aspx

Wendy said...

looks good to me! Now if I could only get my wee ones to eat it.....

Have a wonderful weekend!

zentmrs said...

Great idea for leftover turkey! Thanks for sharing!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

I should probably fix turkey more often. Beef and chicken, beef and chicken...

Scattered Mom said...

Looks delicious. I love curries and spicy foods, they make things interesting. The only thing I have to watch is that I'm allergic to almonds and a lot of recipes have almonds in them.

gnee said...

This looks and tastes terrific I'm sure. Appreciate your desire to post healthy...I need to repent!

Aubrey West said...

This looks great! I can't wait to try this. I can now use again our curry powder. Thanks for the healthy easy recipes!