Friday, May 14, 2010

Sprout SALAD!

May is salad month!

Today I tried something different for my lunch salad!  I did have lettuce in the fridge, but didn't feel like washing and preparing it...yes I was being lazy.  So today I used sprouts instead lettuce!

So here is how I made my salad today!
  1. Open fridge, and grab as much produce as I have. 
  2. Make a bed of sprouts in my favorite dish.
  3. Slice grape tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, and celery.
  4. Pretend you are decorating a pizza....
  5. Viola!  Now your almost done...snap a quick pic!  
  6. Add your favorite salad dressing, and enjoy outside if the weather is nice!
Now it is your turn!  In honor of salad month this May.   I am going to host a salad party!   Link up your salad recipes...The don't have to be garden salad be creative!  Can't wait to see all your salads!  This Link will be open all of the Month of May!  You can post as many salads as you like!

7 comments:

jo said...

Looks yummy!
Have a great weekend Angie!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

That looks excellent! Stopping by from the Blog hop! I love the tomatoes and cucumbers, YUMMY!!

sara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lee-Ann said...

Neat idea! Was it yummy?!

Angie said...

Lee-Ann - Yes it was yummy. The seeds from the sprouts gave it a nice crunch!

Melissa Mashburn said...

I do not have a picture right now of my favorite pasta veggie salad, I sort of made it up and throw in whatever I am in the mood for. However, I am going to make it and submit an entry.

Happy Saturday Sharefest!

Stopping by from SITS.

Melissa