Friday, May 28, 2010

Turkey Grilled Pita

This is a great healthy lunch!  And such a fun use of leftover turkey!  The kids like to make there own with the toppings they like,  This recipe is what I had on mine!  You can assemble these and freeze too, for work lunches! 

Turkey Grilled Pita
  • 1 whole wheat greek pita
  • leftover cooked turkey
  • tomato, diced
  • green onion, sliced
  • jalapeno pepper, diced
  • mushrooms, sliced
  • cheese, shredded
  • dash of no salt seasoning, I use a garlic blend.


Assemble ingredients on the pita.  Grill open(like a pizza) in the oven till cheese is bubbly and pita is toasted! Fold and serve with a side of garden salad.

3 comments:

Sandie lee said...

MMMM...this looks yummy :)

Happy Fun Friday Follow - I'm your newest.

Sandie Lee
http://imaginaitoncafeblog.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Hello! I LOVE your site! I'm here from blog hop. Being healthy is somehing my family and myself are trying to embrace more...it is a hard change, but it's proving great so far :)

My blog is just one I keep or family, but feel free to follow mine as well...

http://happilyeverafter2005.blogspot.com/.

Happy blogging,
Andrea

Unknown said...

Wow! That looks yummy and so healthy. This will really helped those Moms who had a hard time feeding their kids.
healthy lunch ideas