Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chickpea Taco's!

Chickpea Taco's

Normally I would mash the chickpeas with seasonings to put inside the taco's but today I decided to try something new!  I was inspired by this recipe!  This was another hit with the kids, so will be made again!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked chickpeas
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbls taco seasoning
  • 8 corn tortilla shells
  • Tomato, diced
  • Lettuce, shredded
  • cheese, shredded 
  • yogurt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400F.
Mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, and taco seasoning together. Add the chickpeas and toss until well covered. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until crunchy. Assemble tacos and ENJOY!

5 comments:

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

These look fabulous! Yes, I believe I need to follow your blog to counter the damage done on my own. Perhaps it will equal out:) Have a great weekend!

Dallas said...

Mmmmmm...I may try this one this week!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I KNOW I would love this, it would take some beef or chicken to convince the rest of the family! Thanks!

Chantele said...

I've never had chickpeas! I'm gonna have to add this to my list of things to make!

Laura said...

Oh Angie I needed another good chick pea recipe! Thanks and I hope to see you next week!