Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Watch My Weight Wednesdays!

Welcome back to Watch My Weight Wednesdays!

If you are new to my blog and would like to see my before and after pic click here.  I really need to update and put a now pic up.  I will do so soon!

Last week I was looking into metabolic typing.  I have a bunch a books requested at my local library, and waiting for them to come in.  I found this video describing what metabolic typing is all about!

This weeks goal, along with all the normal ones I have..is to start keeping a food journal, not just documenting the food I consume, but also writing down how I feel after eating.  Going to listen to my body!
Also I will be on the look out for how much it costs for someone local to have me tested professionally!  I feel that an online test wouldn't be as accurate as talking to real person.

I am not trying to help sell the test she is offering...but I think she describes it well to get you interested in learning more about it!
Add your old or new post below with Linky! Would love to see all the helpful tips/recipes/stories you have!

Please link directly to your post and not your blog URL. Link back here so that everyone can join in the fun.  And don't forget after linking check back and visit some great blogs!  That why we are doing this!  To help each other succeed!  We can do this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brownies are a girls best friend!! Lol thanks for visiting my blog! Come back soon!!

http://mommyhoodbstyle.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Keeping a food journal is a great idea! I used to do it several years ago, and I really need to get back into it. Good luck with your goals this week! :)

Janine said...

Thanks for sharing your story and inspiring us to keep on...I didn't post about my weight loss journey, only because right now I'm blogging about...well...other stuff! But I wanted you to know that I'm praying for you. I know how hard it is. I was always small, then had 3 c-section babies and got bigger, but after the last one, lost a bunch of weight and was smaller than I was in high school. I kept it off until a couple of years ago. In 5 yrs., I went from a size 2 to a size 14. For me, that was ridiculous. I'm only 5 ft. tall, so 5 lbs. looks like 15! Finally in the middle of April, I told my husband I couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted to give myself a pedicure without feeling like I was leaning over a whole other person to do it! So, I started cutting my portions. I cook and eat healthy, so that wasn't the issue. It was portion size for me. Only eating when I am hungry. To date, in 6 weeks, I have lost 25 lbs. I have 15 - 20 to go. I feel so much better already! So, keep going, girl! You can do it! I am in the middle of moving, so my posts are wrapped up in that, but I wanted to let you know that your posts are encouraging...inspiring! Thanks! Great job!