Thursday, May 13, 2010

Are you on a QUEST searching for a QUICK dinner? How about QUESADILLA'S!

Jenny MatlockToday's Letter is Q! 

Quick Quesadilla's
This is a quick and healthy recipe I make that the whole family just loves!  I always use what ever I have in the fridge!  Today this is what I ate for lunch!
I used...
  • 1 tomato diced
  • 1 green onion sliced
  • a handful of cooked black beans(can substitute w/chickpea's, or leftover chicken or beef)
  • a handful frozen corn
  • 1 part jalapeno pepper, diced real small, no seeds.(this gives it some kick...just enough that kids will still like it)
  • shredded marble cheddar cheese
Put what you like in a tortilla, fold in half, bake till cheese is melted!
So simple! So yummy!  No extra seasoning required!
Eat it with a side of salad and Enjoy!
Also if you make some extra this recipe easily freezes for those days when you don't have time to cook!
I hope you have fun with creating your own quesadilla!  
Let me know what you like in yours!

16 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I wouldn't be surprised if I do this today, I have NO idea what is for dinner. I forgot to pull what I wanted out of the freezer so who knows!

Tracy said...

these look yummy

Jackie said...

I love quesadillas!

Jo said...

yum ... i just had quesadillas yesterday ... so quick and fun!

Viki said...

Believe it or not, I've never had these. I might have to give them a try but I'm not so sure about the jalapeno pepper LOL.

Terra said...

We love making those! YUM YUM!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Mmmm we LOVE quesadillas! Especially when there's a bit of leftover chicken or steak to put in there. :)

Melissa G said...

We love quesadillas at our house too!

hey, if you have time come check out our giveaway this week!

www.geoffandmelissa.blogspot.com

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I'm going to try that for lunch tomorrow!

Melissa said...

What a great, simple, HEALTHY take on quesadillas! Love it, Angie!

Jenny said...

Class? Please welcome our new student to Alphabe-Thursday!

And now may I say...you are a genius. I never, ever, ever thought of baking them.

I always use pam in a non-stick pan but this method seems so much better...and you could make a bunch at one time!

Thank you for joining in with us...this was a yummy and informative stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's Letter "Q"!

A+

GardenOfDaisies said...

Great recipe! Lunch or Dinner in less than 10 minutes! :-) Great idea to bake a whole bunch of them at once on a cookie sheet and have them ready at the same time for the whole family to sit down together, as opposed to doing one at a time in the microwave. We used to slice leftovers into wedges and the kids would eat them as snacks when they came home from school the next day.

Unknown said...

i do love quesadillas...i like to add gobs of salsa...i have a thing for salsa!

Nadeen said...

quesidillas are like scrambled eggs - you can add just about anything to them.

Sounds EZ!

Unknown said...

What a great q word and I love these...sometimes the kids like just melted cheese and those mild green chiles...yum...I am all for easy food!

mub said...

Mmmm I love quesadillas!