Monday, May 10, 2010

Broccoli with Mung Bean Sprouts

Broccoli with Mung Bean Sprouts

2 stalks Broccoli, chopped
3 cups Mung bean sprouts
1/2 cup Sun flower seeds
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1/2 cup Water
1 1/2 tablespoons Soy sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame oil

Steam broccoli  till tender. Put broccoli and mung beans in a pot/wok and add sunflower seeds. Dissolve starch in 1/2 cup water, add to broccoli and sprout mixture along with soy sauce. Stir, then cover for 2 minutes. When ready to serve drizzle with sesame oil and serve hot.

6 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Another fabulous looking recipe. I love that you included the broccoli stalk...so much good flavor there.

Blessings,
Rachel

Brenda said...

I've never cooked with mung sprouts before but they look delicious.

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

you have an award!

http://outtatheboxintothekitchen.blogspot.com/2010/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Another one!
Yum!
What I love about these recipes is that you are showing us foods that I probably already have in the fridge- and then how to jazz them up!
I love sesame oil on lots of things- so YUM!
Thank you!

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

This looks really yummy, I'm going to have to try it!

Unknown said...

This one looks great. I never tried mixing broccoli and sprouts before.

healthy food recipes