Friday, May 7, 2010

Easy Healthy Bruschetta Bread

This is what I had for lunch today!   I make this recipe with what ever buns or bread I have handy!  Focaccia bread is my favorite!  I wanted to make this recipe healthier with leaving out all of the extra oils!   Some oils are healthy for you but once they are heated up all the goodness disappears! I always add oil after the food is cooked!  
This is so tasty I hope you will give it a try and let me know what you think!

Easy Healthy Bruschetta Bread
  • Fresh tomato, diced
  • Mushroom, diced
  • Green onion, sliced thin
  • Seasoning, I used a garlic blend with no salt added.
  • Mozzarella cheese, small cubes
  • Bun

Put all ingredients on a bun and slip into the oven.  Heat until bun is toast and cheese is melted...you do not want to cook the tomatoes.  Enjoy!

This is my comfort food.....Mmmmm!
Sharing with Ultimate Recipe Swap hosted by Life as a Mom.


16 comments:

Aiming4Simple said...

Looks delicious. I'll have to try this when we have garden fresh tomatoes!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Yum! I can eat bread all day long...

Anonymous said...

Oh man..... (drool)

Melodie said...

Yum! I'd love it if you linked this up at my blog too. Vegetarian Foodie Fridays at Breastfeeding Moms Unite! This would be perfect!

Melodie said...

I just see that you did! Oops and Thanks! :)

Mandy said...

YUMMO!! I can't believe something so simple looks so gourmet!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Sounds fantastic - healthy, easy and yummy!

Amelia@SavoryandSweet said...

This looks so yummy, I will have to try it!
We are flexitarian at our house too, nice to meet you!

Unknown said...

I love bruschetta; this looks so good.

Melissa said...

Never would I have thought to add mushrooms to my bruschetta. Great way to increase veggies in my diet. Love it!

Julie said...

We love bruschetta!! Thanks for a lighter take on it.

Jackie said...

Sounds so good!

Scatteredmom said...

I love bruschetta! I'll definitely have to make this sometime when I have some really great tomatoes.

Kelly said...

Ok, totally just had this on a multigrain bagel, with fresh basil!!! And am so going to have seconds!!
Thanx for posting...MMMmmmmmm.

Angie said...

Kelly - I am so gad you tried it! I can't wait till tomatoes are more in season!

m said...

I am off to the local garden nursery for strawberries and cherry tomatoes if any make it home .....I will treat myself to this yum! I also love the watch my weight wednesdays!