Dragon Fruit is definitely worth a try! It is so easy to prepare...just cut in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Cut into chunks! The little black seeds are similar to the kiwi seeds. The fruit has a pleasant flavor, not to sweet. And it is so healthy for you! Your kids will love it!
A Few Dragon Fruit Facts
- Dragon Fruit is a good source of Vitamin C.
- Dragon Fruit are rich in fiber and minerals, notably phosphorus and calcium.
- The seeds are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- Dragon Fruit also contain significant quantities of phytoalbumin antioxidants, which prevent the formation of cancer-causing free radicals.
- Dragon Fruit increases excretion of heavy metal toxins and lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. Eaten regularly, it is credited with alleviating chronic respiratory tract ailments.