Sweet Potato Breakfast Granola Squares
- 1 large sweet potato (baked and mashed)
- 1/2 c. almond milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 2 Tbls. coconut butter
- 2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 c. nuts, seeds, coconut(chopped)
- 1/2 c. dried fruit(chopped)
- Combine sweet potato, almond milk, maple syrup with cinnamon, and nutmeg. I used a blender but you could mix it to.
- Add the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and dried fruit to the mix.
- Press the mix evenly into a greased 8x10 pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Before cutting, cool completely.
Sweet potatoes are rich in Vitamin A (betacarotene) and Vitamin C. Both Vitamins A and C are powerful antioxidants that work in the body to remove free radicals, these free radicals are chemicals that damage cells.