Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Watch My Weight Wednesday!

Healthy tips for eating out!
  • Order water instead of soda.
  • Ask for your salad dressings and sauces to be served separately. So you can be in control.
  • Ask for your vegetables to be steamed.
  • Avoid buffets.  
  • Do not eat the bread that is on the table, ask the waiter to take it away so that you are not tempted.
  • Have a starter instead of a main course. These are usually much smaller portions. 
  • Skip dessert
  • Skip the mints. Mints are very high in sugar and calories which you do not need!
What are your healthy tips for eating out?

________________________________________________________________________________ 

This is a blog hop!  Post your recipes, tips, and your weight loss stories!  It can be a new post or an older one that you would like to share.

Would you like to be a guest blogger?  Send me an email!

Add your old or new post below with Linky! I can't wait to see all the helpful tips/recipes/stories you have!
Please link directly to your post and not your blog URL. If you could please link back here, so that everyone can join in the fun!

8 comments:

Tiffany - The Coconut Mama said...

Hi Angie!

First I want to tell you that I've been using your chipotle mayo recipe and its AWESOME! My husband loves it.

Second, I finally have a post to share with you this week and will hopefully be participating every week here out. I'm joining Diane from balanced bits on a 21 day sugar detox. I'm hoping to drop a few pounds and to cure my sweet tooth. Everyone is welcome to join. You don't have to buy the manual to participate (the manual will help though).

Thanks!

~Tiffany

Melissa said...

Great tips! I really need to work on eating healthier when I'm out. I rarely ever go out, so when I do I tend to let myself eat whatever and not think about it. But of course, that's not good lol. Next time I go out, I'll be sure to ask the waiter to take away the bread, ask for salad dressing on the side, and order a smaller portion meal!

Christina said...

Love the tips! I also try to get nutritional info beforehand. A lot of chain restaurants will have it online. Sometimes you will be surprised by what has the least amount of calories in it!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Eat your highest calorie foods at your first meal of the day -- giving you energy to get your day going. This doesn't give you license to pig out, make smart choices! Keep your last meal of the day lower in cals since your metabolism slows down in the evening & while you sleep.

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

Thanks for adding me on Blog Frog. I'm also your new follower. =)

Hope you can check out my blog too =)

My tip would be, when ordering salad, ask for your dressing on the side. That way, you can control how much dressing will be added to your greens =)

Julie said...

Thanks for the tips. I try to think when I'm out but we go out so seldom it's hard not to over do it.
Thanks for another great blog hop. I'm off to see how others are doing and any great ideas and thoughts happening.
Take care Angie. God Bless!!!

Dari said...

How do I link back to the blog hop? I added my post/recipe, but wanted to link back like you asked also...

And I'll have to check out that chipotle mayo recipe - sounds divine!

Angie said...

Dari - Thank you for linking up! To link back to me just put this address in a hyper link
http://angieshealthylivingblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/watch-my-weight-wednesday_29.html
at the bottom of your post directing your readers to come check out Watch My Weight Wednesday's.