Wednesday, April 14, 2010

White Chicken Taco's

This is what we had for dinner on Monday...I thought it might be to plain for the kids...but they loved it and when asked if I should make again...the answer was yes!  Yay!   I love finding recipes that the whole family enjoys!

Ingredients

  • Roast Chicken leftovers(I used 2 breasts)
  • 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 squirt of lime
  • 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped as much as you like(it is good for you!)
  • 10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
  •  a scoop of plain yogurt
  •  8 tortillas

Directions 

Saute jalapeno peppers, and garlic in a pan. Squeeze in some of the juice from one lime. Mix in the cilantro, mushrooms, and add the chicken.  Heat thoroughly.  Add a scoop of plain yogurt stir till warm.

Serve with salsa, guacamole, and a garden salad!

    4 comments:

    Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

    Angie - This sounds soooooo good. I'm such a nut for Mexican dishes and I'm definatly going to make this sometime. Thanks for telling my about your blog party. I'm signging Four Foodies up to follow you and myself too! Can't wait to read through more of your past posts!!

    Anonymous said...

    It is hard to be healthy when you have spent your whole life not worrying to much about what you ate.
    Now that I am 52 and very over weight I decided I wanted to do something for myself and I chose to be more healthy one day at a time.

    Anonymous said...

    YummY! I'm coming over to your house for dinner.

    Merry said...

    Mmmm....this sounds yummy! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm following yours now. I can't wait to read more!