Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

So if you have been reading my goals for the week, you would notice that I said I was going to stay off baked treats.  Well who was I kiddin.   Hopefully not you!
I let my 2 kids have the kitchen last night.  They found a recipe for oatmeal cookies and I told them to go for it!
2hrs later...
 Kaitie was the photographer.  You like how they decorated the cookies with chocolate chips! 

Wow!  They made the greatest cookies!  Andrew was so proud!  He brought me a cookie to show me and of course I had to taste it!  It was so good!  But I just had one!

Kaitie and Drew's Yummy Oatmeal Cookies!
Please note - This recipe does not take 2hrs to make,  just for kids who are left on there own trying to figure out how to soften butter?,  what is all purpose flour?, do I grease the baking sheet or use one of those red mats? and stuff like that :)

3/4 Cup Butter, softened
1 1/4 Brown Sugar, packed (they seemed really sweet to me...when the brown sugar is gone we will be substituting for another healthier sweetener!)
1/4 Cup Almond Milk(any milk should work)
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat flour
1tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
3 cups Quick Oats
Chocolate Chips for decorating! (they only decorated half, cause my daughter doesn't like chocolate!!!I know weird)
(Walnuts and Raisins taste good too...but the kids made these ones the way they wanted  :) But add them in if you like!  1cup each!)

Pre-heat oven to 350
Mix butter, brown sugar, almond milk, egg, and vanilla in a bowl.  Beat until fluffy.
In another bowl mix both flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Mix both together and stir well.  Now add the oats and any add ins.
Drop by the teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet(greased or silicone mat).
Bake for 12-15mins.
The kids made 2 baking sheets full of cookies...didn't get a chance to count them.

The kids took most of them to school today which is good, cause they really are fantastic cookies!  And I really don't need to eat them :)

P.S. I had one for breakfast...shhhh

10 comments:

Lori said...

Those look SO GOOD! Warm and gooey and GREAT for breakfast! (shhhhh, I didn't say that!)

Thanks for the yummy recipe!

Lori said...

Oh and thanks again for the sweet sunshine award!
You're all linked-up here:
http://www.whatrunslori.com/2010/04/busy-living-life/

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Oatmeal is totally breakfast food! You SHOULD have had these for breakfast! I love oatmeal cookies.

My brother tried once to convince me that we should go on the special K diet and eat special K bars all day. Nice try.

Brianne said...

I love Oatmeal cookies!! I love throwing in all different raising. Regular, white and craisins! Yum!

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

Just one? Talk about some MAJOR will power you have going on!!!

Melissa said...

Love your header and kudos to the kids for the cookies!

SnoWhite said...

these sound like they'd be a hit around here!

TidyMom said...

Oatmeal for breakfast in any form is ok in my book! LOL these look so yummy!!

Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It!! Have a GREAT weekend!

Lindsay said...

wow these look great!
PS I tired laying off the baking to and now I think it's hydro drive! lol So I will be trying these!

Kelly said...

MMMmmm wish I could grab one out of the screen!!