So last night we had a lovely roast beef dinner...and tonight I used the beef leftovers and made chipotle cheese steak subs! I did the math and with all the ingredients I made 4 full size subs for just over $7! Wow! Not sure how much a sub is at Subway?
1. I sliced the roast beef as thin as I could and heated it in the oven with a bit of watered down gravy to keep it moist.
2. Sliced green peeper and onion and sauted till just tender in frypan.
- 3/4 Cup mayo
- 1tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Lime squeezed
- 1-3 tsp chipotle sauce (or you can mince 1 chipotle pepper)
- A little garlic powder to taste
3. I purchased grocery store made parmesan herb sub buns and toasted them in the oven with cheese on them!
4. And top with your favorite sub toppings!
These subs were so good! The kids loved them and requested I make them every time we have leftover roast beef! Mmmmm they were good! Should of only had half though :(