Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Sandwich Recipe!

I love radishes!  I am pretty sure I didn't when I was younger?  But I love them now!  The other day I was making a sandwich and I ran out of lettuce!  But I did however have some leftover salad from the night before.  So I used salad instead...I do this all the time, but this time the salad had radishes in it!  This was the best tasting sandwich ever!!!!!!  The radishes and avocado go so well together!  The chipotle sauce is a family favorite!  Of course I didn't get a pic of the sandwich...cause common who takes a pic of an everyday sandwich?  So here is the recipe with a pic of a similar sandwich...Enjoy!  I sure did!

Ingredients
  • Leftover roast chicken(roast beef work great too!), sliced thin
  • Leftover salad (with radishes!, carrot, lettuce, green onion)
  • Cheese (Marble is what I had)
  • Chipotle sauce (recipe below)
  • Avocado, I like huge chunks on my sandwiches....but you can spread it out.
  • Bread/Bun
Toast the bun with cheese, then assemble sandwich.  So Yummy!




Chipotle Sauce

  • 3/4 Cup mayo
  • 1tsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1/4 Lime squeezed
  • 1-3 tsp chipotle sauce (or you can mince 1 chipotle pepper)
  • A little garlic powder to taste
Combine all ingredients add more or less to your own liking.

Share with Food Trip Friday.

21 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Sounds yummy! I love radishes, too, but I always forget to buy them :) Going to add them to the grocery list!

Tiffany - The Coconut Mama said...

Sounds delicious! I want to try your chipotle sauce. I love spice in my sandwiches =)

The Sole Sisters Collective said...

Love radishes...never buy them though because no one but me eats them. Good recipe.

Ellen Marie "Mama" Pike said...

I like that it has avocado on it. Looks tasty!

Dallas said...

Sounds yummy!

Trish @ A dream house for Trish said...

This sounds delish, I love radish & avocado, Thanks for the chipotle sauce recipe, I must try this!!! I have sent an award your way if your keen & have time drop on over to my blog & grab it!!
Cheers

Guiltless Grub said...

Pretty easy to do, as long as we do have the left-overs...:D

Unknown said...

i only have avocado smoothies, salads, no so much. but this sounds good! i also love radish in salads.

wenn said...

simple yet yummy sandwich.

Chubskulit Rose said...

he best looking sandwich indeed.

Spice Up Your Life

Newlyweds said...

big bite! yum!

Paper Tree Studio said...

I absolutely love radishes too. I used to eat them when I was growing up and make sandwiches with just radishes and mayo (I know, weird huh)! Sandwich sounds yummy! Look forward to your next post - I'm your newest follower! Michelle

Anonymous said...

I think you have proven that sandwiches are not so plain.

http://foodtripfriday.net/ said...

I love it! Best Looking Sandwich indded!
Thanks for joining us, hope to see you again next week.

The Fajdich Times said...

Great looking sandwich!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I'm in love with anything chipotle - can't wait to give your sauce a try.

:)
ButterYum

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

My FF recipe has chipotle in it too! I love that flavor and I think I would love the radish as a garnish also.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Now this is a substantial sandwich! My kind of meal. Yummy!
Yvonne

Renée said...

Your chipolte sauce looks delish...going to give it a try soon. Thanks

Mimi said...

AGret looking sandwich. Anything with chipolte would work at my house.
Mimi

Michelle said...

Looks tasty! I happen to have some leftover meat I could use for this tomorrow!