I was just given a huge zucchini that morning from a neighbor of mine and thought it would be perfect for this recipe. As I was jumping in to this recipe I realized that I didn't have all the necessary ingredients. So I started substituting. Unfortunately my substitutions were not the best. My crust was sogy it just didn't set right so in the end I basically made a zucchini casserole. While it was edible it was not in any way good enough to share my altered recipe. Lets just say I wouldn't make it again. See pic. Big fail in the appetizing look category!
But I still plan to make SnoWhites recipe, that I am sharing with you today. When I have all the correct ingredients that is!.
Please hop over to Finding Joy in my Kitchen to see her beautiful how to pics and finished product pic! This recipe is all SnoWhites not altered in any way by me.
Zucchini "Pizza" - Adapted from Lynn's Kitchen Adventure
- 4 C shredded zucchini
- 2 C cooked brown rice
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 1/2 C spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano*
- 1/2 tsp.salt* My Zucchini Casserole, doesn't look to appetizing.
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
*You may not need to add these spices if your spaghetti sauce already has them!
- Shred the cheese and zucchini.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cooked rice, shredded zucchini, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Press into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes until the crust is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, until warmed through.
- Then, spread the spaghetti sauce mixture over the crust.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Continue baking at 400 for 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and brown.