20 ideas to make this your best year yet!
Here are twenty healthy ideas to help you accomplish improved health and happiness in 2011.
- Eat more raw foods! Try to add more raw salads, veggie platters, and fruits to every meal!
- Go meatless once a week(or more).
- Get more active! Schedule 5 minutes more of activity to your exercise routine a day. Don't have an exercise routine? Start with 5 minutes a day!
- Meal plan!!! Make a decision to think of food as nourishment instead of entertainment. Eat what your body needs, not what your taste buds desire.
- Schedule in more quality family time! Try a game night, or a sport the whole family can do together.
- De-clutter. Find time to de-clutter your home.
- Cut out the caffeine! Replace with tea or water.
- Get more sunshine! No sunshine where you are? Look into vitamin D supplements.
- When shopping, park farther away. You'll get a little more walking exercise and a little more sunshine!
- Make a point to get at least eight hours of sleep for 2-3 nights a week (or more, if you can). Most people are sleep deprived, and the health cost is enormous.
- Start visiting local farmer's markets so that you eat more local food in 2011. You'll be healthier and happier as a result.
- Grow your own sprouts! Eating just one ounce of sprouts a day has a huge impact on preventing cancer and boosting immune function.
- If you have space, consider getting a treadmill for your living room. You can walk/run while watching movies or documentary DVDs at the same time.
- Learn pilates or yoga for core strength and flexibility.
- Make a commitment to start a garden this Spring, and you'll reap so many health benefits in the months ahead.
- Teach others how to be healthy! The more you talk with others about healthy habits, the more you'll follow them yourself.
- Enjoy a relaxing hot bath with epsom salts and soothing herbs like lavender. It will do wonders for your mind and your muscles.
- Try quinoa: It's a high-protein, low-carb "grain" that can easily replace rice or couscous.
- Get more indoor plants: They purify the air in your home.
- Get a professional massage! Massage therapy is really, really healthy, and it's a great way to reward yourself for some of the other accomplishments you're making.
I hope you enjoyed these 20 ideas for improving your health in 2011 (and beyond).
What are some of your Ideas on making 2011 the best year yet?
This is January's blog hop! Add your old or new post below with Linky! You can post once a week.
I can't wait to see all the helpful tips/recipes/stories you have!
Please link directly to your post and not your blog URL. If you could please link back here, so that everyone can join in the fun!