Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas

Tonight We had Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas!  Unfortunately they were so good, that I forgot to get the camera to snap some pics of it :(  Cause we were all eating them up so quick!

So since I planned ahead I knew that I would have to soak some black beans...no more "I forgot", cause I planned ahead :)  If you know me I am more of a last minute kinda gal!  But I have heard you can freeze cooked beans to use for later...ah but I have the time so no matter.

So today was bread making day! er....Tortilla making day!  I have such a simple easy recipe to make tortillas!  I bet you could make them with what you have in your cupboard right now!  And do what I do and wrap up half the dough and put in the freezer till later!  So handy when you want tortillas at the last minute :)  Just thaw and make!

So this is so simple and easy to make!  Use what you have in the fridge!  Tonight I used...
tomato diced
green onion sliced
cooked black beans
frozen corn
jalapeno pepper
shredded cheddar cheese

Put what you like in a tortilla, fold in half, bake till cheese is melted!
So simple! So yummy!  No extra seasoning required!
Eat it with a side of salad and Enjoy!

For fun I let everyone make there own!  Kids love making there own and it really helps if you have a picky eater!

Beans: Fabulous Health Benefits, Weight Management and Nutrition at Very Low Cost

Shared on ...

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love quesadillas. We eat them all the time. I love that you added black beans to yours. YUM!

Laura said...

You should come on over to Just Another Meatless Monday and find inspiration and leave a link to your blog! This is a weekly link up to find and give recipes and support to other bloggers! Hope to see you there!

Brit @ Esbe Chic said...

Thanks for stopping by :)

Yum....this sounds delish...what is jalepeno pepper? I have never heard of it!

Unknown said...

Sounds amazing indeed. Come by halfhourmeals.com and share some of your recipes plus check out other foodies recipes. I think you will like it!

Julie said...

Oh, this looks so good!!

Julie said...

p.sl...thanks for your comment on my post! I totally agree with you! After I finished last night I told my husband..this scares me. She doesn't look little anymore! It's crazy what you can do. Oh well, just a little before and after fun! And I agree, she's much lovlier in the first!

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

I've never used corn in mine. I'm gonna give it a try next time. - and it WILL be soon! I love LOTS of cilantro and salsa on top. Thanks for posting this recipe :)

(and thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!)

Stacy of KSW said...

Have you ever seen the Rosarita brand refried Black Beans? I love them!! They would be great in this - thanks for following me on Blog Frog :)

Aubree Cherie said...

Sounds tasty! Simple is always the way to go too, I love easy dishes :)

~Aubree Cherie

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up to my 1st WGCW! I love your dish easy & healthy!!

Unknown said...

I saw your link at Mama Bird's place and wanted to stop by. Will definitely be trying these soon---esp. since I watched Food, Inc recently and am revamping our diet! Incorporating more meatless meals (hubs refuses to completely do away w/ meat) for the fam and quick ideas for me, too. Thanks for sharing---I'm your newest follower!